What’s up guys.
- I started school.
- Currently tackling the pre-requisites for the Physical Therapists Assistant program at my local community college.
- I AM SUPER STOKED.
- It will take me 3 more years of being in Iowa City to finish.
- I talked about starting school last year and I finally did it.
- This winter I won’t be doing any winter racing.
- Instead I am going on tour.
- SUPER MEGA AWESOME STOKE THE FIRE FOR LADIES RIDING GRAVEL TOUR.
- Stay tuned for a mini-midwest tour.
- lemme just say tour one more time. TOUR.
- Also gonna create a group of quasi-organized friendos riding gravel called the Gravel Scouts.
- Gravel Scouts is for me and you and your friends and maybe your Mom and Dad and sisters and neighbors.
- Gravel is for all of us.
- I needed to figure out a way to sustain my stoke level to continue riding while in school and to keep that burnt-out feeling at bay.
- Gravel Scouts is that.
- People who remind me constantly that riding bikes is good, and fun.
There is an update.
I am doing as many female-led events as possible. Starting with the Spotted Horse Gravel Ultra on October 7th. To say I am excited would be an understatement.
Do you know about Sarah Cooper? You should. Google her.
Either way, getting the opportunity to attempt a route she crafted and honed is an honor. You bet yer bottom that I am doing the 200 mile ride.
This will be my third 200 mile ride this year. First one was overnight and magical. Second one was Dirty Kanza and I was hardly present. Third one is waiting for me. Filling me with hope and dread at the same time. The good kind of dread. Healthy fear.
I get to ride those hills!!! Just look at ’em.
The words are coming back to me. The writing is as much an outlet as the riding.